step 1: put your music player on shuffle.
step 2: post the first line from the first 15 (25 for me!) songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
step 2a: Skip any instrumentals and songs where the first line is or contains the title.
step 2b: Also where the song is in a foreign language which you can't actually understand well enough to transcribe.
step 3: strike out the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
step 4: looking them up on google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
step 5: if you like the game, post your own.
(I've used the first two lines for some of these that might be harder to guess, and I won't be picky about artist if any of these are cover versions. :D Also, good LORD, the number of instrumental tracks I had to skip...)
1) It's a golden opportunity that's knocking, and you know by now that the answer's up to you
2) I'm pulling questions from my shelf, I'm asking forgiveness
3) What ravages of spirit conjured this temptuous rage - genarti got the right artist but not the song title, so this one's still up for grabs!
5) The skies were blue and hazy, rarely a storm, barely a chill
6) I was standing by my window on one cold and cloudy day when I saw that hearse come rollin'
7) You can live in the house and I will find a little place around the corner
11) Like anyone would be, I am flattered by your fascination with me
12) And am I born to die, to lay this body down
13) Childhood living is easy to do
14) Don't the hours go shorter as the days go by, we never get to stop and open our eyes
16) There are visions, there are memories, there are echoes of thundering hooves
17) And you ask me what I want this year
18) Love can be a many splendored thing
19) Candlelight dies at the window and the night wind blows soft from the sea
20) There comes a moment when my heart must stand alone
22) It's late in the evening, she's wondering what clothes to wear - Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton, guessed by synchronicity2
25) While you were building your empires, I was still sleeping
Comment on Dreamwidth | comment(s)